|Weekly Kaihoh / Liberation
|back issues||English home||Japanese home|
(March 17th 2014 Issue)
Stop a Cabinet decision to constitutionalize the 'exercise of the right to collective self-defense'!
- A rush for a drastic build-up of Japan's military forces
-- War preparations and propaganda for chauvinist nationalism
- Rivalry intensifies between the US-Japan and China over the command of the sea
- Denounce the JCP leadership's distortion of the struggle into a single-issue campaign 'to protect constitutionalism'!
(pic left) 'No to the restart of nuclear plants!'
Zengakuren fighting in the 'Nuclear Zero' action
(March 9th, Tokyo; details to appear in the next issue)
For the 136th meeting of the Zengakuren Central Committee
'Repeal the state secrecy law!
Stop the constitutionalization of the exercise of the right to collective self-defense!'
Zengakuren's angry voices resound the venue of the '6th Day Action':
Mar. 6th, in front of the Diet Building (pic right)
Denounce the metal industrial labour aristocrats for distorting the spring labour offensive into one 'for economic recovery' (Part 1)
I. Wage demands decided only for the sake of a 'mind shift' to 'overcome the deflationary Japanese economy'
II. The criminal nature of the JCM's union policy for the labour offensive: a complement to Abenomics
A. Union leaders' arbitrary analysis of the political and economic trends
B. Ultra-low wage-hike demands and the deceitful argument of 'investing in human resources'
(continued next week)
Auto workers' spring labour offensive
Denounce the auto union leadership's restraint of wage hike demands!
Win a big wage increase across the board!
- Profits of capitalists swollen owing to a weak yen; overseas production expanded further
- The union leadership holds back unified demands for wage hikes
- The anti-working class nature of the low demands for 'improvements in wages'
- A pseudo-spring labour offensive: union leaders pledge allegiance to monopoly capitalists
- Smash the leadership's restraint of wage demands! Achieve an explosive upsurge of the 2014 spring labour offensive!
Postal workers' spring labour offensive
Denounce the low wage-hike demands of the JP Union leadership!
Win a big wage increase across the board!
I. The union leadership distorts the 2014 labour offensive into a mere tool for labour-management negotiations
II. Labour aristocrats' full cooperation with the management and self-protection
A. Ultra-low wage-hike demands: effectively a decline in real wages
B. Full cooperation with the management in restructuring based on the 'mid-term management plan'
C. Acceptance of the ultra-reactionary offensives of the Abe government
D. The deceptive argument of the 'rebuilding of the JP labour movement'
III. Fight for a militant strengthening of the JP union by achieving an uplift of the 2014 spring labour offensive!
Telecommunications workers' spring labour offensive
Win a major upsurge of the NTT spring labour offensive!
Denounce the labour aristocrats for their full cooperation in 'cost reduction'!
- The management desperate for a structural readjustment of business and the sacking of workers
- Labour aristocrats' deceptive demands for 'higher monthly wages' for the first time in 7 years
(1) An ultra-low, less than 1 percent wage-hike demands
(2) The criminal nature of the 'investment in human resources' argument
- The demand for 'special allowance' widens wage differentials between workers
- A deception in the demand of 'improvements in the treatment of temp workers'
- Achieve a big wage increase across the board by overcoming the labour aristocrats' suppression!
The Welfare Ministry increase pressure on local governments to turn down applications for welfare benefits
Rengo [Japanese Trade Union Confederation] Okinawa holds an opening rally for the 2014 spring labour offensive: Feb. 18, Naha
- Japan's PM, known for his 'strong nationalist views', puts US imperialists in a dilemma
- Karzai's defiance towards his imperialist master: no future for defeated US forces in Afghanistan
- The SDF's 'cyber defense corps' to be launched in March: No to the Abe government's war preparations!
- Auto monopolies' greedy pursuit of profits: overseas operations commenced successively at the sacrifice of wage workers
- The JCP leadership praises even a Class-A war criminal-related foundation for 'popular-level efforts to set up a dialogue with China'
(March 10th 2014 Issue)
Three years after the Fukushima nuclear disaster
Denounce the JCP leadership for abandoning the struggle against Ampo [US-Japan military alliance] and distorting struggles into a campaign to beg the government for 'peaceful diplomacy'!
- Stop the restart of nuclear plants and the development of the nuclear fuel cycle!
- Denounce the government for abandoning tsunami and nuclear disaster victims!
- Fight against the constitutionalization of the exercise of the right to collective self-defense!
- Advance struggles towards the overthrow of the neo-fascist Abe government!
Denounce Putin-led Russia's armed invasion of Ukraine and the occupation of Crimea!
No to the EU / US imperialist intervention!
Workers and people of Ukraine! Rise up for the liberation of the Ukrainian people!
Ukraine shaken by the danger of being divided into the east and the west
An impact of the 'uprising' that toppled the pro-Russian government
Stop the new US base construction in Henoko!
Fight firmly by overcoming the official leadership's campaign to beg the government for 'reducing US bases' without opposition to Ampo!
The Okinawa Prefectural Committee
- The government and the Defense Ministry about to start a boring investigation for the construction
- US and Japanese rulers desperate to construct a forward base for attacking China
- The Abe government ambitious to restore 'militarist Japan'
- Xi Jinping-led China hell-bent on a nuclear military build-up aimed to hold the command of the sea
- The revolutionary left fighting to overcome the parliamentarianist distortion of the struggle
- Spread the upsurge of antiwar, anti-Ampo struggle from Okinawa to the whole land!
'No to the restart of the Genkai and Sendai nuclear power plants!'
2,200 protesters besiege the prefectural office: 'Sayonara to the Nuke' rally in Kyushu, Feb. 16th, Saga
(pic 1) Resolute workers, students and residents in the rally
(pic 2) Zengakuren Kyushu fighting in the van of the demonstrators
1,000 rise to nullify the state secrets law and oppose the constitutional revision
Feb. 15th, Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture
(pic 3) 'No to fascism! Down with the Abe government!' Kanazawa Univ. students demonstrating with workers and citizens
A scheme for productivity increase and labour cost reduction using the lure of 'wage hikes': the puffed-up Keidanren [Japan Business Federation]'s report
(1) Monopoly capitalist measures for survival as 'global corporations'
- Boasting of the 'improvement in business performance', while concealing workers' impoverishment
(2) Deceptions about 'wage hikes'
(3) Thorough cutbacks in labour costs by means of the wage scale based on 'contribution to the company'
(4) A fabricated argument: the 'distribution of the total value added'
(5) Monopoly capitalists' greedy demands on the government to support the 'boost of competitiveness'
(6) Anxiety about a frequent occurrence of 'labour disputes at foreign bases' and a plot to transplant 'Japanese-type labour-management relations'
Create a militant uplift of postal workers' spring labour offensive!
No to the JP Union leadership's dissolution of the labour offensive into a joint labour-management consultation intended to list JP stocks on the stock exchange!
- Denounce the Union leadership's agreement on a very low figure concerning the special allowance!
- No to the leadership's ultra-low wage-hike demand in the spring labour offensive!
- Win a big wage increase across-the-board! Achieve a thoroughgoing improvement in the working conditions of temp workers!
'The concept of wages is facing a crisis'?!: It's a crisis of the JCP-led Zenroren [National Confederation of Trade Unions]!
The Toyoko Line rear-end collision and derailment
Transportation safety neglected by the Tokyu Corporation management
No to the revision of the labour contract law!
Stop the emasculation of regulations on 'fixed term employment'!
(March 3rd 2104 Issue)
Win a big wage increase across-the-board!
- The Abe government schemes to reduce corporate tax and revise labour laws for monopoly capitalists
- The Rengo leadership dependent on the 'government-labour-management agreement' and militant workers struggling against their degeneration
- Overcome the official leadership intent on suppressing the labour offensive within the framework of the ultra-low wage-hike demands!
- Fight for a victorious spring labour offensive! Build a united battle front against fascism!
Denounce the Rengo [Japanese Trade Union Confederation] labour aristocrats for joining the call of the government and monopoly capitalists to 'get Japan's economy on a virtuous cycle'!
No to the labour aristocrats' restraint of wage-hike demands!
Denounce their cooperation in 'boosting companies' competitiveness'!
I. Rengo's so-called 'labour offensive' dependent on the Abe government-led government-labour-management talks: an unprecedented crisis of the Japanese labour movement
II. An impermissibly low wage-hike demand: far from the price increase rate
III. Total cooperation with monopoly capitalists and the Abe government in surviving the economic crisis
IV. The Rengo leadership's degenerate ideology: a view that labour and management share the same destiny, and nationalism for the national interest
The second keynote report to the Feb. 9th Workers' Meeting
Smash the Abe government's all-out reactionary offensives aimed to restore 'militarist Japan'!
I. Fight against the Abe government's consumption tax increase and the reform of social security systems!
II. No to the offensive of strengthening the authoritative ruling system!
III. Create a struggle against fascism by overcoming the official leaderships' distortion of struggles!
Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant: 100 tons of radioactive water overflows the tank
Denounce the major spill of highly contaminated waste water!
- The alarm neglected: dealt with as a failure in instruments
- No to the restart of the Kashiwazaki nuclear power plant!
Stop the exportation of the Maritime SDF's US2 flying boats to India!
The Abe government hell-bent on the total abrogation of Japan's 'three principles regarding arms exports'
(1) Abe's visit to India with an intention to export US2 flying boats
(2) A leverage to win India over to the US-Japan's encircling net against China
(3) A new form of arms export in the name of 'diversion to civilian use'
(4) A 'boost' to revive the arms industry
The degenerate leadership of Zenroren [National Confederation of Trade Unions] fans workers' illusions about Abe's 'request for higher wages'
Say no to the legislation of a law for a 'locally comprehensive reform in health and nursing care services'
Comrade Yoshikawa's hard experience really came home to me
A book report on Fumio Yoshikawa's So now I'm twenty-seven years old
Firmly resolved to fight against the all-out reactionary offensives of the Abe government
My determination after participating in the Dec. 8th JRCL Political Meeting
- Abe meets Putin: a shallow attempt to clear his name as a fascist by taking advantage of the Sochi Olympics
- 'What's wrong with my visit to Yasukuni! It's me who's disappointed. Why is Obama going to stay only overnight in Tokyo?' (Abe)
(February 24th 2014 Issue)
The Feb. 9th Workers' Meeting
the first keynote report
- Now is the time for struggle against fascism!
the second keynote report
- Strengthen the class unity of workers and advance!
a solidarity address from the chairman of the JRCL
- Fight for an upsurge of the spring labour offensive based on our activities in workplaces!
firm resolves expressed by militant workers from various industrial sections
- Win a big, across-the-board wage raise! Crush the offensives of restructuring! Stop the revision of labour laws!
A solidarity address to the Feb. 9th Workers' Meeting
Takuma Ueda, Chairman of the National Committee of the JRCL
Fight for a militant upsurge of the 2014 spring labour offensive and create the working class unity!
1. The 2014 spring labour offensive: a critical situation
2. The revolutionary significance of the slogan 'Win a big, across-the-board wage raise!'
3. The basics of our theory of wage struggle
4. Shatter the strengthening of the Japanese neo-fascist ruling system!
The first keynote report to the Feb. 9th Workers' Meeting
Fight against the Abe government's all-out neo-fascist offensives!
Achieve a militant upsurge of the 2014 spring labour offensive!
(1) The Abe government's reactionary neo-fascist offensives and a crisis of the Japanese labour movement
- The Abe government choreographing a 'wage hike' mood
- The Rengo [Japanese Trade Union Confederation] leadership cajoled into participating in the government-labour-management talks: leading the 2014 labour offensive to defeat
- Militant workers fighting to break through the crisis of the Japanese labour movement
(2) Smash the distortion of the spring labour offensive into one for 'getting Japan's economy on a virtuous cycle'!
- Denounce the ultra-low wage-hike demand by the Rengo leadership! Win a big, across-the-board wage raise of all workers!
- Stop dismissals and intensification of labour due to a new wave of restructurings!
- Absolutely NO to the historically disastrous revision of labour laws!
- Oppose Abe's ultra-reactionary offensive of building Japan into a big military power and revising the Constitution!
Go a step further based on lessons of our struggles!
Workers rise against the US-Japan joint Osprey flight training: Feb. 5th, Tsuiki, Kyushu
Zengakuren Kyushu joins the protest (in front of the Tsuiki SDF base) (pic 1)
'Stop the constitutionalization of the exercise of the right to collective self-defense!'
Zengakuren Hokkaido protests against the Abe government's reactionary offensives at the local LDP office (Feb. 1st, Sapporo) (pic 2)
'Stop the planned boring survey for a US base construction in Henoko!'
Ryukyu Univ. and Okinawa Int'l Univ. students hold a street demonstration (Feb. 1st, Naha, Okinawa) (pic 3)
Angry Kagoshima Univ. students hold a campus rally against fascism (Jan. 30th) (pic 4)
The government's secretly devised plan exposed: a scheme for a 'seamless' mobilization of workers and people for war
Definitely no to the formation of a national mobilization system!
The Abe government desperate for a neo-fascistic reorganization of education
The Abe government hell-bent on 'breaking the regulations' by means of 'national strategic special zones'
Agriculture in Tokachi, Hokkaido: on the verge of collapse
Stop Japan's participation in the TPP!
The Abe government rushing to the reduction of corporate taxes
- Let no fascists 'pass'!: Abe's minions demagogic way to mobilize dissatisfied youths in the Metropolis gubernatorial election
- Abe's wife's monologue: 'Enough of your hawkish agitation!
- Abe's aggressive infrastructure salesmanship: making neo-colonialist inroads into African countries in rivalry with China
- US Ambassador Caroline Kennedy's visit to Okinawa
(February 17th 2014 Issue)
Create tidal waves of antiwar, anti-Ampo struggles!
- A frantic move to build Japan into a military big power in rivalry with China's reinforcement of nuclear capabilities
- The Abe government desperate to promote 'patriotic' education
- Crush the all-out neo-fascist offensives!
-- The criminal nature of the JCP's 'development of single-issue campaigns'
-- Stop the new US base construction in Henoko! No to the constitutionalization of the 'exercise of the right to collective self-defense'!
'Abolish the state secrecy protection law!' Indignant voices reverberate in front of the Diet Building: Feb. 6th, Tokyo
(pic above) Zengakuren fighting in the forefront
'Scrap the secrecy law!' 400 protesters take to the street: Jan. 24th, Osaka
(pic 1) 'Fight against neo-fascism!' Kobe Univ. students fighting with workers and citizens
3,000 rally to protest against the scheduled consumption tax increase: Feb. 2nd, Nagoya
Militant workers fight in opposition to the leadership's distortion of struggles
(pic 2) Angry workers and citizens gathering from all over Aichi Prefecture to oppose the tax hike
Declaration of an imperialist ambition to be a strong military power:
the Abe government's National Defense Program Outline
I. Measures for a massive military build-up in the name of 'proactive contribution to peace'
II. Propaganda about China's 'military threat'
III. Measures to make Japanese forces capable of waging a war of aggression together with US forces
(1) Strengthening of the US-Japan new military alliance with emphasis on the 'expansion of Japan's role'
(2) A massive build-up of Japanese forces in the name of 'building joint mobile defence capacity'
(3) Expansion of overseas dispatches of troops under the pretext of UN peacekeeping operations
The headquarters of the 'Sea-Land Mobile Corps' to be established in Sasebo:
intended to create a Japanese version of the US Marine Corps
Labour-management talks held on Feb. 6th
The head of the business federation gloats over Rengo labour aristocrats joining monopoly capitalists' calls for 'getting Japan's economy on a virtuous cycle'
Last year's enactment of the 'fundamental law of traffic policy':
aimed to improve the transport infrastructure for the sake of promoting 'Abenomics'
'The Senkaku [Diaoyu] Islands and Takeshima [Dokdo] belong to Japan': the Education Ministry dares to revise teachers' manuals of the official guidelines for schoolteaching
Fight against the postal management's coercion of extremely intensified labour in the busiest year-end and New Year period!
Revision of the livelihood protection law: driving the poor and needy to death
Korean railway workers' strike against privatization
Fight back against the Park government's authoritarian repression!
A very queer argument designed to justify the JCP's deceitful 'zero nuclear policy'
- A plot to convert NHK into a neo-fascist broadcasting corporation
- Education Ministry's provocative revision of teachers' manuals
- An 'enemy base attacking capability': Japanese militarists covet a Japanese version of SEALS [Sea-Air-and-Land-Soldiers]
- Reviewing the party congress: the JCP chairman incapable of answering any of the questions about China, 'cooperation with conservatives', anti-fascism, etc, etc.
Main Slogans of the JRCL for the 2014 spring labour offensive
Now is the time for all workers to unite and win a big, across-the-board wage raise!
No to the consumption tax increase!
I. Fight resolutely by overcoming the Rengo [Japanese Trade Union Confederation] leadership's distortion of struggles!
Denounce the labour aristocrats for limiting the wage-hike demand to just '1 per cent'!
Smash the major offensive of restructurings and sackings!
- No to the revision of personnel and wage systems in the name of 'the contribution to the company'!
- No to closedowns of domestic factories by monopoly capitalists waving the banner of 'global competition'!
- Let us win drastic improvements in the labour conditions of temp workers!
- NO to public service workers' massive personnel cuts and wage cuts!
- Fight firmly by overcoming the Zenroren [National Confederation of Trade Unions] leadership that depends on the government's economic policies!
II. No to the revision of labour laws!
Shatter 'Abenomics' that forces impoverishment on workers and the toiling masses!
- Oppose the revision of the temporary worker dispatching law aimed at totally liberalizing temporary employment!
- No to the revision of social security systems!
III. No to the constitutionalization of the 'exercise of the right to collective self-defense'!
No to the strengthening of the US-Japan new military alliance!
- Stop the new US base construction in Henoko!
- Fight for the abolition of the US-Japan Security Treaty [Ampo]!
- Stop the restart of nuclear power plants!
IV. No to the strengthening of the Japanese neo-fascist ruling system!
- Stop the revision of the Constitution of Japan! Abolish the state secrecy protection law! No to the neo-fascist reorganization of education! Fight against the destruction of trade unions!
- Denounce the Rengo leadership cajoled into participating in the government-labour-management talks!
Build a united battle front against fascism!
Down with the neo-fascist Abe government scheming to restore 'militarist Japan'!
Let us fight in solidarity with the workers of the world fighting against oppression and imposition of poverty!
(February 10th 2014 Issue)
No to the restart of nuclear plants! Stop nuclear plant exports!
- Nuclear development closely connected with the building of Japan into a military strong power
- Another policy of abandoning nuclear evacuees: forcing them to return to their nuclear-contaminated hometowns
- Promote a massive struggle of workers and people for immediately scrap the nuclear plants!
'Abolish the state secrecy protection law!' Voices reverberate through the Diet Building: Jan. 24th, Tokyo
(pic 1) Zengakuren fighting at the front of the siege of the Diet Building
(pic 2) Workers and citizens joining the protests of fighting students
3,000 workers and people hold a protest demonstration against the secrecy law: Jan. 24th, Nagoya
(pic 3) A big approving chorus going up in response to militant students' 'No to fascism!'
A reactionary change in the public service system: aimed to strengthen the competence of the Prime Minister and the Cabinet Secretariat
The Rengo [Japanese Trade Union Confederation] leadership supplicating monopoly capitalists not to hinder 'the Japanese economy getting on a virtuous cycle '
An illusion to 'liven up' the US economy: Obama's State of the Union address riddled with hypocrisy
Strive creatively for the achievement of the JTU education research conference in opposition to the Abe government's neo-fascist 'reform in education'!
Education Workers Committee
The Abe government's policy for an ultra-reactionary educational administration system:
concentrating power in the hands of local government heads and the education board chair
All the contract employees unilaterally terminated: the case of House Foods Corporation
Denounce the Rengo-affiliated trade union leaders' connivance at dismissals!
No to the overall liberalization of temporary labour!
Toyota launches a hybrid vehicle production in China (continued from the last issue)
- Verbal warfare between Abe and the Chinese Foreign Minister in Davos: A hard blow to them both! Create solidarity between the Japanese and Chinese working peoples
- Restoration of a 'graft-ridden superpower': Putin uses the Sochi Olympics to get filthy money for maintenance of his autocratic rule
- 'We might get along very well, Prime Minister, against the common enemy, Zengakuren' (JCP Chairman's imaginary new year's greetings)
(February 3rd 2014 Issue)
Stop the constitutionalization of the
- The Abe government intent on restoring militarist Japan in the name of 'proactive contribution to peace'
- Overcome the JCP-led peace movement that has abandoned a struggle against the US-Japan military alliance! Advance antiwar struggles by overcoming their degeneration!
- Let us fight to advance the antiwar, anti-Ampo struggle and the struggle against constitutional revision!
(Pic above) Zengakuren students fighting in the forefront of 3000 protesters who besieged the Diet building on January 24th
Okinawa: surging struggles against the US base construction
'Stop the reclamation work for the base construction at Henoko Cape!' 500 workers and residents protest in front of the prefectural office (Jan. 7th, Naha) (pic 1)
Ryukyu Univ. and Okinawa Int'l Univ. students hold a protest march in Nago City (Dec. 15th, Nago) (pic 2)
A 'social movement researcher' disseminating an antagonistic view on the 'class struggle'
Reviewing Eiji Oguma's popular book, In Order to Change Society
- 'A post-nuclear age is already realized'???
- Dependence on the 'post-modernity' theory of A. Giddens in viewing mass movements in today's Japan
- A fallacious view based on a deep-seated dislike for the fight of the working class
- A 'social movement history' with no reference to ideological issues
- The 'movement watcher', get out!
The 26th JCP Congress: criticisms of the central leadership flare up
- The party's definition of China as a 'state heading for socialism' exposed to serious disagreements
- Criticisms against the deceitful change in the party's nuclear policy
- Opposition from both 'left' and right over the 'coalition with conservatives'
- Let us advance ideological struggles for a revolutionary disbandment of the JCP!
Keidanren monopoly capitalists desperate to justify their rejection of an increase in the basic wage
This is no more a library
The case of Takeo City, Saga, which has contracted out its public library management to a private company
Toyota launches a hybrid vehicle production in China
Reading Topos and Praxis by Kan'ichi Kuroda
Fallen art students' voices heard: at a memorial museum
Abenomics reveals its true colours
The largest-ever current account deficit
- 'A reason for Abe's lavish treatment towards Erdogan in a nuclear deal
- Another reactionary court decision: endorsing police surveillance over Muslim people
(January 27th 2014 Issue)
Rally to the Workers' Meeting
- The labour aristocrats of the Rengo limit the amount of wage-claim to the lowest
- Stop the revision of labour laws! Smash a massive firing of workers!
- Monopoly capitalists bent on a massive restructuring, encouraged by the government
- Strive for building an anti-fascism battle front!
Denounce a Japanese naval vessel, Oosumi, having run down a fishing boat!
Zengakuren students take an emergency action against the Defence Ministry
(pic) Burning with anger, Zengakuren in the protest action at the main gate of the Defence Ministry (Tokyo, Jan. 17th)
Workers in the Fukushima nuclear plant cry out in agony
Dirty ways of firing workers in the name of inviting 'voluntary retirement'
The inexcusable realities of a 'support for reemployment'
50 years after the coal-dust explosion at Mitsui's Mikawa coal-mine
Okinawa: Lorry-driving workers are forced to work in danger and poverty
Fight against the deprivation of workers' rights by means of a new law for a 'strategic and special economic zone'!
Topics: The latest Rengo's annual 'white paper'
The labour aristocrats advice capitalists 'to invest in the personnel' while urging workers into productivity promotion
The Abe government approves of TEPCO's 'plan for reconstruction'
Stop the re-opening of the Kashiwazaki nuclear plant!
The rise of neo-Nazi groups in Germany
Fight against the ultra nationalism!
A New Year Interview to the president and secretary-general of Zengakuren
'We will lead the struggle against the Abe government!'
A letter from FLTI
Smash the trial of revenge against Las Heras workers!
A commentary on the New Year Cartoon
- Militarist Abe talks gibberish about his visit to Yasukuni
- Astro Boy says no to killer robots
- The Abe government frantic to sell a magnetic levitation train system to the US: to finance an extraordinary halt of the construction cost.
- Shostakovich talks of his music and gives a bitter advice to the JCP chairman, who has made a lavish compliment on his music
(January 20th 2014 Issue)
Fight for an explosive upsurge of
I. The historic reactionary offensive of the Abe government and the deepening crisis of the Japanese labour movement
1. Successive offensives of the neo-fascist government to build Japan into a military great power and to revise labour laws
2. Japanese monopoly capitalists hell-bent on further overseas expansion and full-scale corporate restructuring
3. The 2014 spring labour offensive on the verge of a grave crisis
II. Crush the ultra-reactionary neo-fascist offensive! Fight back against mass sackings! Win a big, across-the-board wage raise!
1. Denounce the leadership of Rengo [Japanese Trade Union Confederation] for distorting the labour offensive into one 'for a full-scale economic recovery'
2. Smash the imposition of 'poverty and war' with the united struggle of workers! Now is the time to build a united battle front against neo-fascism!
'Definitely NO to the new US base construction in Henoko!'
Indignant workers, students and residents hold a protest rally: Dec. 12th, Okinawa
(pic 1) An angry demonstration in the main street of Naha
(pic 2) Militant students holding up the banner 'Absolutely NO to the Henoko new base construction!'
Stop the deployment of a US X-band radar in the Air SDF base!: Dec. 15th, Kyotango, Kyoto Pref.
(pic 3) Kobe Univ. students marching high-spiritedly with 1,000 workers despite chill rain
500 demands abolition of the secrets law: Dec. 12th, Hokkaido
(pic 4) 'Down with the Abe government!' Militant students marching with workers and citizens in the main street of Sapporo
'No to the restart of nuclear plants!' Angry voices besiege the Diet Building: Dec. 22nd, Tokyo
(pic 5) Students raising their fists together with trade union members
(pic 6) 'No to the nuclear development!' Students fighting for a militant uplift of the rally in opposition to the JCP leadership distorting it into one for an 'alternative energy policy'
'Decommission the fast-breeder reactor Monju!'
1,000 hold a rally near the site: Dec. 7th, Tsuruga, Fukui Pref.
(pic 7) Militant students raising calls together with trade union members against the planned restart of the reactor
1,800 protesters march against the reopening of the Sendai nuclear plant: Dec. 15th, Satsuma Sendai, Kagoshima Pref.
(pic 8) Kagoshima Univ. students raising a banner 'Against new fascism!'
Putin's scheme to restore 'Russia as a great power' by taking advantage of the decline of US imperialism
I. Putin's rule at a deadlock
II. Diplomatic offensives to push through Russia's state interests
III. Build a counterattack of the working class to overthrow Putin's autocratic ruling system!
New Year's resolutions
- The Telecommunication Industrial Workers Committee
- The Social Welfare Workers Committee
- The Metal Industrial Workers Committee
- The Chugoku Regional Committee
- The Tokyo District Antiwar Workers Conference
- The Eastern Kanagawa District Antiwar Workers Conference
(January 13th 2014 Issue)
Smash the strengthening of the US-Japan military alliance!
1. Zengakuren fighting in the forefront of the antiwar, anti-Ampo struggle
- Creating an explosive upsurge in the anti-military base struggle: 'Stop Henoko new base construction! No to the deployment of the Osprey!'
- Leading the militant struggle against the secrecy protection law besieging the Diet
- Crushing the all-out neo-fascist offensive aimed to destroy the revolutionary student movement
2. Turbulence in East Asia and Abe's dash to the strengthening of the US-Japan military alliance, towards the revision of the Constitution
A. An all-out attack for restoring 'militarist Japan'
- Fascist Abe's Yasukuni Shrine visit
- Dashing for new military base construction in Henoko riding roughshod over people's objections
- An ambition to build Japan into a 'militarily great power'
B. A rivalry between the US and China over hegemony in East Asia
- Declining US imperialism hell-bent on 'containing' China
- Xi Jinping's challenge to US imperialism under the slogan of 'building China into a marine power'
- Putin-led Russia's move towards its 'restoration as a big power'
3. Stir up powerful antiwar, anti-Ampo struggle! Create a tidal swell of protest against the constitutional revision!
A. Denounce the JCP leadership for abandoning 'anti-Ampo'!
- A helpless slogan: 'Oppose the building of a warmongering nation'
- Abandonment of 'anti-fascism'
B. Shatter the all-out neo-fascist offensive! Down with the Abe government!
- No to the constitutionalization of the 'exercise of the right to collective self-defence'! Abolish the secrecy protection law! Stop the reactionary revision of the Constitution!
- Block the Henoko new base construction!
- Stop all the nuclear development! No to the mass consumption tax increase!
- Build an anti-fascist united front!
Stop new base construction in Henoko! Denouce Abe's Yasukuni visit!
Zengakuren makes an emergency protest to the Defense Ministry: December 27th (pic 1)
Definitely NO to the construction of a US Marine base in Henoko!
We denounce Gov. Nakaima for approving the offshore landfill work!
The Okinawa Prefectural Committee
Angry workers, students and residents besiege the prefectural office: Dec. 25th-28th, Okinawa (pic 2-3)
A dash into a ruin
On the third plenary session of the 18th Central Committee of the CPC
I. Yelling for the 'deepening of reform' by borrowing Den Xiaoping's authority
- An unusual 'third plenary session'
II. The culmination of mental contamination by bourgeois ideology: policies for economic reforms and 'improvement' in the political system
1. Fetishism of 'market competition'
2. A more cunning 'land expropriation method'
3. 'Political participation' under the control of the party
III. A crisis threatening the 'survival of the party'
- Xi's farcical campaign for the 'rectification of the party'
New Year's resolutions
- The Kansai Regional Committee
- The Hokkaido Regional Committee
- The Kyushu Regional Committee
- The Prefectural/Municipal Workers Committee
- The Traffic and Transport Workers Committee
- The Heavy Industrial Workers Committee
- The Mass Communication Industrial Workers Committee
- The Small and Medium Enterprise Workers Committee
|2013||No. 2251-2260||No. 2261-2270||No. 2271-2280||No. 2281-2290||No.2291-2300|
|2012||No. 2201-2210||No. 2211-2220||No. 2221-2230||No. 2231-2240||No. 2241-2250|
|2011||No. 2151-2160||No. 2161-2170||No. 2171-2180||No. 2181-2190||No. 2191-2200|
|2010||No. 2101-2110||No. 2111-2120||No. 2121-2130||No. 2131-2140||No. 2141-2150|
|2009||No. 2051-2060||No. 2061-2070||No. 2071-2080||No. 2081-2090||No. 2091-2100|
|2008||No. 2001-2010||No. 2011-2020||No. 2021-2030||No. 2031-2040||No. 2041-2050|
|2007||No. 1951-1960||No. 1961-1970||No. 1971-1980||No. 1981-1990||No. 1991-2000|
|2006||No. 1901-1910||No. 1911-1920||No. 1921-1930||No. 1931-1940||No. 1941-1950|
|2005||No. 1851-1860||No. 1861-1870||No. 1871-1880||No. 1881-1890||No. 1891-1900|
|2004||No. 1801-1810||No. 1811-1820||No. 1821-1830||No. 1831-1840||No. 1841-1850|
|2003||No. 1750-1760||No. 1761-1770||No. 1771-1780||No. 1781-1790||No. 1791-1800|
|2002||No. 1701-1710||No. 1711-1720||No. 1721-1730||No. 1731-1740||No. 1741-1749|
|2001||No. 1651-1660||No. 1661-1670||No. 1671-1680||No. 1681-1690||No. 1691-1700|
|2000||No. 1600-1610||No. 1611-1620||No. 1621-1630||No. 1631-1640||No. 1641-1650|
|1999||-||No. 1563-1570||No. 1571-1580||No. 1581-1599|